AWSP exists to support principals and the principalship in the education of all students. We believe strong leaders create strong schools and strong students. Founded in 1972, AWSP has been a leading voice in education for decades, representing principals, assistant principals, and principal interns. We support our members and their students by:
- Advocating for our members and each and every student across the state.
Offering fun and engaging professional learning with best practices in adult learning across all career stages.
- Supporting our members with coaching, mentoring, our leadership framework, support through your internship, legal guidance when needed, and so much more.
- Promoting diversity and equity through everything we do.
- Creating strong student leaders across the state with the Association of Washington Student Leaders.
- Providing two unique learning centers for all kinds of educational and leadership programs.
- Communicating news, updates, and information so every principal can be informed, engaged, and connected.