AWSP membership is an essential investment in your own future at every stage of your career. That’s why 98 percent of Washington principals belong to AWSP.
No other statewide education organization offers the same variety of member benefits. There are amazing professional development offerings (both in-persona and online), conferences to enhance leadership skills, award-winning publications, and a wealth of resources to help you stay on top of trends and tactics. We are the only principals association in the country with our own leadership framework, a division entirely devoted to student leaders, and two great learning centers (one on each side of the state).
An “Active” membership in AWSP includes full membership status your choice of two national principal associations providing even more benefits with your membership.
AWSP's membership year begins every September 1 and expires August 31. New memberships for the 2021-22 membership year will start processing on July 1, 2021.
Membership Type & Dues
AWSP offers four membership types. Dues options and prices are on the membership application form.
After filling the form, email, fax or snail-mail us the application along with your check, purchase order or credit card information. Please save the form to your computer before you email it.
Open to principals, assistant principals, principal assistants, ALE directors, CTE directors or others employed full-time in professional work as part of the school leadership team.
If you are an AWSP Active member, you are also a full member of either NAESP or NASSP.
Your AWSP and national affiliate memberships provide a continuum of professional services individually and collaboratively.
- Professional advice (from quick school-related questions to employment support)
- Mediation services between you and your evaluator (district director, superintendent, and/or school board)
- Support and consultation when dealing with building culture, systems, and learning
- $2 million in individual professional liability coverage
- Up to $10,000 for legal fee reimbursement
- Additional insurance coverage discounts
- Professional development workshops, networks, webinars, podcasts and online learning.
- Advocacy efforts at state and national levels amplifying the principals' voice on issues and policies important to school leaders
- Job seeker and career center support
- Mentoring and coaching services
- Latest research, hot topics and best practice resources
- State and national leadership opportunities
Open to district administrators, teachers, counselors, deans of students, athletic directors, activities advisors, program managers, university professors/instructors, or others employed in the professional work related to Pre K-12+ education but are not considered part of the school/building administrative team and do not need professional liability coverage through AWSP membership.
Open to those who are pursuing a career in administration and are working to obtain their principal credentials. Individuals may join for one or two annual term(s) and are eligible to retain an Aspiring Membership for a total of four terms. If you have not obtained an administration position within the next four years, you may renew as an Associate Member. Does not include liability or legal benefits.
If you're no longer employed full-time in education, you can join as an Emeritus Member. This is a lifetime subscription that includes all publications and full access to AWSP's website, free registration to our annual conference, and eligibility for service as AWSP mentors, on committees and short-term projects or programs.
For More Information
Macy Bruhy | Professional Learning & Intern Support | (800) 562-6100