At AWSP, we exist to support principals and assistant principals, and the principalship, in the education of each and every student. We believe strong leaders create strong schools and strong students. Founded in 1972, AWSP has been a leading voice in education for decades, representing principals, assistant principals, and principal interns. We support our members and their students by:
- Advocating for our members and each and every student across the state.
Offering fun and engaging professional learning with best practices in adult learning across all career stages.
- Supporting our members with coaching, mentoring, our leadership framework, support through your internship, legal guidance when needed, and so much more.
- Promoting diversity and equity through everything we do.
- Creating strong student leaders across the state with the Association of Washington Student Leaders.
- Providing two unique learning centers for all kinds of educational and leadership programs.
- Communicating news, updates, and information so every principal can be informed, engaged, and connected.