AWSP's WELL Summit
Nov. 3-4, 2021 and March 15-16, 2022
We're bringing back AWSP’s WELL Summit for its third year to empower, connect, inspire, support, and develop women in educational leadership. We're staying virtual this year with two WELL sessions. Session 1 is coming up Nov. 3-4, and session 2 will be March 15-16. Register for both sessions and save! Details below.
Women in educational leadership.
Principal Voices on Race and Equity
Thursday Morning, November 4, 7:30-9:30 am
Dr. Kimbrelle Barbosa Lewis, a school administrator in Tennessee, NAESP past president, and chair of the NAESP National Taskforce on Race and Equity, will lead a panel discussion with other task force members.
This taskforce was formed to help advise NAESP on issues related to racial equity in school communities, reveal schools’ common challenges and solutions, and support a peer-to-peer network of support for school leaders. The taskforce focuses on collecting information related to racial equity in schools, elevating relevant research, and determining how best NAESP can provide support to principals around these issues. Come join this discussion to learn more and share your thoughts with taskforce members, which will include:
- Dr. Kimbrelle Barbosa Lewis, Principal, Cordova Elementary School, Cordova, TN
- Dr. Cynthia J. Hammond, Principal, Westside Elementary, Houston County Schools, Perry, GA
- Denise Gamble, Retired Principal, Chicago, IL
- Annette Sanchez, Principal, Hampton-Moreno-Dugat Early Childhood Center, Beeville, TX
- Dr. Liza Caraballo-Suarez, Principal, Magnet School of Architecture, Engineering & Design, P.S. 120, Brooklyn, NY
Spring Session Presenters
Details will be posted soon! Watch for details.
Each session includes 4 clock hours and materials.
Register by Oct. 29 to guarantee your spot!