Washington Principal Magazine
Washington Principal is the official print publication of AWSP. This award-winning, quarterly magazine features articles written by practicing principals, district communicators and other school administrators.
Articles focus on what’s happening now in K-12 education in Washington state, giving you access to resources you can’t find anywhere else.
Read the Magazine Anytime, Anywhere
Our award-winning Washington Principal magazine is fully digital. That means you can read it anytime, anywhere, on your computer or mobile device. You won't see a print copy in your mailbox, but you won't miss out on any of the great articles, tips, resources, or stories we bring you every issue. The digital Washington Principal is green, timely, shareable, and won't get lost in the mail.
Explore Washington Principal in its fully digital format.
Volume 3: 2021-22
In This Issue:
- An Inclusion Journey | Ashley Barker
- "All Students Can Learn. We Can Teach Them. No Exceptions. No Excuses." | Nick Davies
- Father and Son Leadership | Mike and Hans Nelson
- Left Out by Design | Janet L. Kragen
- Honor Roll: Rep. Alicia Rule
- Investing in Our Children, One Relationship at a Time | Bonnie Mckerney
- Small Schools Project | Roz Thompson
- Cispus Learning Center: Students Thriving and Thirsting for Experience | Greg Barker
- Student Leadership: What I Learned at Camp | James Layman
- Outdoor Schools WA: One Year Review | Shelley Barker
- Advocacy: Advocacy in Action | Roz Thompson
IN EVERY ISSUE
- Appy Hour: Blinkist
- Staff Spotlight: Kamrica Ary-Turner, Ashley Barker, Julie Woods
- Ask a Principal: Where are You Finding Joy in Your Leadership?
- Recommended Reading | Scholastic
- AWSP Pro Learning Overview
- Best of the AWSP Blog
- Humor Me!
- From the Editor's Desk | David Morrill
- From the AWSP President | Brent Osborn
- From the AWSP Executive Director | Dr. Scott Seaman
Special thanks to the amazing authors who contributed to this issue and to our business partners and sponsors who help make each issue of our magazine possible!
Walkthrough Tutorial Video