Washington Principal Magazine
Washington Principal is the official print publication of AWSP. This award-winning, quarterly magazine features articles written by practicing principals, district communicators and other school administrators.
Articles focus on what’s happening now in K-12 education in Washington state, giving you access to resources you can’t find anywhere else.
Read the Magazine Anytime, Anywhere
Our award-winning Washington Principal magazine is fully digital. That means you can read it anytime, anywhere, on your computer or mobile device. You won't see a print copy in your mailbox, but you won't miss out on any of the great articles, tips, resources, or stories we bring you every issue. The digital Washington Principal is green, timely, shareable, and won't get lost in the mail.
Explore Washington Principal in its fully digital format.
Volume 3: 2021-22
In this issue:
- High School to Highway | Keeley Gant
- My Disability Roadmap | Dan and Samuel Habib
- Meet our 2022 Principals and Assistant Principals of the Year
- Bringing Earthquake Early Warning into Washington Schools | Gabriel Lotto, PhD.
- Let's Talk about YOUR Wellbeing | Jill Patnode, Kaiser Permanente
- How Educators Can Have Courageous Conversations through Books | Michael Haggen
- Why Balance the School Calendar? | Phyllis Bunker Frank
- Outdoor Learning: Mapping Our Future | Shelley Barker
- Student Leadership: Bite, Snack, Meal, Crockpot | James Layman
- Advocacy: Advocacy is Education | Roz Thompson
- Mentor Program Gets an Update | Gina Yonts
- AWSP’s Equity Centered Leadership Network (ECLN) Brings School Leaders Together for Equity | Jack Arend
Special thanks to the amazing authors who contributed to this issue and to our business partners and sponsors who help make each issue of our magazine possible!
Walkthrough Tutorial Video